New features, changes & improvements
- Added support for Windows 11.
- The Check for Updates window now downloads the update package directly without the need to open a web browser.
- New localized documentation and redesigned the user guide at docs.ilexsoft.com. The user’s guide is now available in English, Italian, German and French.
User Interface & User Experience
- Updated the user interface of several windows and added new icons.
- Improved support for themes on both macOS and Windows 11.
- Redesigned mouse cursors.
- Double-clicking a method button in the Properties toolbar shows the tool’s settings panel if available.
- Rotation Angle fields in Object Info now include pop-up slider to adjust the value.
- [SE/Pro] Improved the appearance of dragged rows in the Project Browser.
- [Pro] New created styles or types are automatically loaded in the Settings window.
- [Pro] The Project Styles panel now provides a contextual menu when right-clicking a list item.
- 10% faster on-screen redraws.
- [Pro] Hatches inside walls are now roughly 50% faster.
- 50% faster textures.
- [SE/Pro] Updated the internal handling of project resources so that items that are added to the project via the Resource Manager are now distinct from the originals in the HighDesign or User libraries, which now act as templates. Project resources can now be modified directly and changes do not affect other projects.
- [Pro] The Resource Manager window has been updated to reflect these changes. The Styles Manager panel now lists project resources and library resources in different tables, as it is already on the Line-types and Hatch-types managers.
- In HighDesign Lt it is now possible to create new project resources.
- Layers have a new Opacity property that controls the overall opacity of the layer.
- Redesigned and enhanced the Edit Group workspace: grouped items are now shown in their context and sub-groups can be edited more easily.
- [Pro] Project views store the layer opacity value.
- [SE/Pro] A new Insert submenu under Project lets you insert DWG/DXF drawings and images into the current project.
- Pressing the Esc key or right-clicking while constructing segmented shapes, like poly-lines, hatches, bezier paths, etc. now consistently confirms the object in all tools. Use Alt-Right click to cancel the last vertex.
- The Arrow tool can now be used to access the object-specific contextual menu of tools such as Poly-line, Hatch, Beziér Path, etc to add and delete vertices.
- Object-specific contextual menus now open even when the selected object is under another object. For example, a common case is that of a hatch object that is behind other objects, such as walls or poly-lines.
- The Fill pop-over now includes a Fill Opacity slider to adjust the overall opacity of the fill on any pane.
- The Fill pop-over now remembers which tab was last used.
Colour Palettes Panel
- Holding down the Command key (Mac) or Control key (Windows), or right-clicking allows the panel to stay open after selecting a colour.
- Changing an indexed colour’s opacity now retains the colour index.
- Added support for Point style and scale. Points can now be displayed in a number of styles, including dot, cross, x-mark, circle, and more. Their size can also be adjusted in a range from 50% to 500%.
Point style and scale are project-wide settings available on the Appearance pane of the Project Settings window.
- [Pro] Points can now be included in the exported PDF.
- Windows: added support for holes in hatch objects with solid or gradient fill.
- [Pro] Tags can now have their frame style set automatically by their associated component’s class or user-defined.
- [Pro] The rotation of the tag label can be set as horizontal, aligned to the component or user-defined.
- [Pro] Tag values can be switched on and off directly by clicking the selected tag.
- [Pro] Improved size and geometry of tag frames.
- Accurate calculation of object bounds.
- Rotated text bocks now retain character styles and colours.
- [Pro] Viewports now have a Color Overlay option to fill the viewport area with the defined color and transparency.
- [Pro] Added a new option that lets you control the angle of the internal hatches by setting it to absolute or relative to the wall orientation.
- [Pro] Improved the Edit Wall Components panel.
IMPORT/EXPORT & PUBLISH
- Added import/export support for the BMP file format.
- Symbol attributes can now be exported as CSV or TSV text files.
- On macOS, added a new “Generic Printer” checkbox to the Print window to fix the alignment of objects and texts when the current printer is set to “Any Printer” (the generic printer driver included in macOS).
- Added tooltips to the Print Preview window to provide better explanations of the available options.
- Gradient panel: The HEX field did not work correctly.
- Hatch Settings panel: the fill button did not update correctly the global fill settings.
- Styles: The Revert Style command no longer alters objects with a different style.
- Styles: New style name did not use the correct progressive index.
- Styles: The Styles popup available on Element Settings windows, such as Dimensions, Annotations, Walls, etc. now shows the correct styles regardless of the currently active method.
- Styles: The New Style pane on the Resource Window now sets the correct element class according to the selected folder.
- Styles: The Delete button in the Styles Manager now correctly allows to remove project styles and types and rebuilds the list view accordingly.
- Styles Manager: fixed localisation of several interface items and folder names.
- Styles: fixed New Style by selection.
- Viewports: the fill property of walls and symbols did not honor the filter settings.
- Viewports are now transparent during zoom or move operations.
- Viewport settings: the Area menu did not check the correct item.
- Viewports can now display the guides that are visible on the source drawing.
- Textures were rendered regardless of the filter settings.
- Edit image no longer resizes the image if no crop action was performed.
- Object Info: the Paper format pane did not resize correctly when the size standard was custom.
- Line-types manager: fixed error saving a duplicate line.
- Line-types manager: the dash & gap fields now accept the entered values automatically.
- Closing the Resource Manager correctly restores the open palettes.
- Miscellaneous stability improvements to prevent the sudden disappearance of drawing objects.
- Windows: the Welcome window no longer opens when the main window is activated.
- Windows: improved the user interface to make it more consistent with the Windows UI. Support for the dark theme is now more complete and includes the menu bar.
- Windows: fixed the position and size of pop-up menus, alerts and pop-over panels on HiDPI displays.
- Windows: insulation lines are now exported correctly to PDF.
- Windows: improved the responsiveness of the drawing area.
- Windows: fixed the layout and border of pop-over panels, such as that showing the color palettes.
- Windows: fixed the responsiveness of the color picker controls.
- Windows: transparent objects or layers no longer stop the printing process.
- The Explode command can now be applied to insulation lines.
- macOS: the Window menu now includes the Tile Window commands.
- macOS: switching themes in the System preferences no longer causes HighDesign to change its theme when it is not set as “By System”. I.e. the light theme stays even when the user switches the system theme to dark, and vice-versa.
- The Window/Door settings panel did not resize correctly when the previous family was Simple Opening.
- Project Settings and Resource Manager windows provide better support for themes.
- The Preferences window is now always displayed with the system theme so that its items are always readable.
- Color palettes: improved import of ASE files; exported ASE files now include the palette and color names.
- Fixed the Alpha slider and colour choose in the Colour Palettes manager window.
- Elevation Dimensions: the Spot marker now renders correctly when printed.
- Elevation Dimensions now include the optional units symbol even when the text is custom.
- Fixed the input fields in the Drawing Presentation tool.
- The image view window opened by the Drawing Presentation tool now supports the Export as Image menu items.
- Project Browser: fixed a visual glitch while editing an item’s name.
- Project Browser: duplicating a sheet did not update the Object Info panel.
- Project Browser no longer highlights empty sheets when passing the pointer over their names.
- Project Browser: pressing the Return key when editing a name did not accept the input.
- Project Browser: changing scale or units of a sheet did not mark the document as modified.
- Fixed regression bug that prevented hatch patterns from drawing at scale.
- Changing leader style of tag annotations no longer raises an error.
- Text units correctly default to inches when the document uses imperial units.
- Frame size and padding properties did not work correctly for Tag annotations.
- Tags: fixed text font, size and padding.
- Fixed a regression bug that prevented texts and other box-shaped objects from being duplicated with Alt-Move.
- Text blocks with a frame now correctly calculate their bounds and react with accuracy to snapping.
- Improved the accuracy of the custom color picker when used in HSV color mode.
- Corrected the localisation of several interface items.
- Panning by holding the space bar no longer cancels the current operation.
- Activating panning now correctly highlights the Pan icon.
- Fixed the “Continue” option in the Poly-line tool.
- Clicking outside a tool’s option menu, such as that opened by clicking the Gear icon in the Polyline tool, now closes the menu instead of opening it again.
- Resizing floating panels did not work correctly when the panels where “docked” with auto-alignment.
- The Divide into parts command did not work properly with rectangles under certain circumstances.
- Improved the Pan tool.
- Hatches did not correctly apply the By Layer option.
- Poly-line: fixed the Add Vertex command.
- Arc by Tangent method: fixed behaviour with large zoom factors.
- Tracing over a picture object no longer reports an intersection snap.
- Shortcuts: changing a menu item shortcut now stores the defined keys consistently.
- The Export as Image command did not keep the current display mode of drafting sheets.
- The Move command now shows the correct preview of resized images.
- Adding a resource to the project did not change the “Document Modified” status.
- Fixed the preview of door types.
- Door types no longer treat the opening side as a change from the type definition.
- Colour palettes now load from project and sync correctly with the existing palettes.
- Changing a stroke colour did not show the associated pen weight.
- Textures did not render correctly on Windows.
- New worksheets with a page layout and layout sheets did not inherit the project global margins.
- Fixed UI of Snaps and Arrange panels on Windows.
- Fixed open hand and splitter cursors on Windows.
- Resizing a group by a handle now produces consistent results.
- Some elliptical arcs did not render correctly.
- Fixed a bug that would prevent shadows from being switched off under some circumstances.
- Pattern hatches with dot items (sand, concrete) now render correctly when the hatch has internal holes.
- Improved the responsiveness of the main drawing area on Windows.
- Altimetric dimensions no longer get a custom text value when the user does not enter a value in the default text input.
- Fixed the calculation of sheet bounds in Layout sheets prepared for print.
- Spot elevation marks did not render correctly on PDF.
- Fixed minor rendering glitches in arrows and markers.
- Dashed lines in PDF no longer render as continuous when the scale factor is < 1.0.
- Detail areas are no longer included in the bounds calculations for printout.
- The Split command applied to rectangles did not produce consistent results.
- The colour popups of the Layers menu and panels now use the new Colour panels.
- Fixed snap to temporary points and lines during the construction of objects.
- The colour popup panel on the Layers menu, Layers panel and Search panel now uses the new Colour Palettes popup.
- Print: fixed misaligned arcs produced by some printers.
- Print: fixed the preview of detail areas.
- Print: detail areas now print correctly.
- Print: the underlay of detail sheets now prints correctly.
- Print: the option to print construction objects now works consistently on all sheet classes.
- Lab licences that have a period of two years are now validated correctly.
- Improved Search panel interface.
- Layouts: fixed the position of grid markers.
- Dots in dashed line types are now rendered with the same length regardless of the zoom factor.
- Object Info: changing the drawing scale representation from ratio (1:x) to verbal did not update the menu correctly.
- Project items in the line-types and hatch-types managers can be reordered again.
- Photogrammetry: updated the interface of the setup panel.
- Photogrammetry: fixed the pen size of the perspective grids.
- Text block: fixed synchronization between the alignment buttons on the toolbar and the actual alignment of the text box.
- Texts inside groups can be edited.
- Linear dimensions: improved the calculation of the object bounds to include the label.
- When the current stroke color is set to “none”, the construction segment of new objects is displayed with the default blue color.
- DXF/DWG: fixed hatch boundaries.
- DXF/DWG: fixed error that could occur exporting angular dimensions.
- DXF/DWG: improved import of incorrectly-formatted files.
- DXF/DWG: multi-line texts now check the validity of their bounding box after import.
- DXF/DWG: added support for point display modes.
- DXF/DWG: fixed the text size of dimensions.
- DXF/DWG: fixed the size of exported layouts.
- DXF/DWG: in export, fixed the unit conversion of fractional feet ad inches.
- DXF/DWG: improved the position of imported viewports.
- Explode: symbols now add their own internal resources to the project when exploded.
- Resize Drawing by selection did not work correctly.
- Viewports: the new viewport dialog now always shows un undefined source sheet instead of referring to the last used source.
- The Guided Tour now works correctly.
- Construction lines are now ignored when zooming to fit.
- Hatch tool: the Fit to Arc action did not rebuild the edited hatch correctly.
- Hatch tool: the Fit to Arc action did not register the Undo/Redo item.